Thursday, August 05, 2010

Scott met the President

How is that for a title?  Scott called me after midnight last night.  He was so excited.....I could tell by his voice.  I asked him what was going on and he told me that he cooked for President Obama and Oprah last night.  He actually got to meet the President, shook his hand and everyone in the kitchen took a group photo with him.  How cool is that???!!!!  What a story he will have to tell his children and grandchildren one day.  Makes me think about when my Pop-pop used to talk about cutting the President's hair.  Super cool!

Things are definitely moving along nicely for Scott at his new restaurant, graham elliot.  He is gaining valuable experience and is working for a chef that is the youngest to ever get 4 stars!  Now that is a BIG deal!  Hoping Scott will learn a lot from him and his sous chefs.  If you are a foodie (or even if you aren't) and like to watch cooking shows Graham Elliot is a judge on Fox's Masterchef with Gordon Ramsey.  Scott is also cooking(as is the rest of the staff at the restaurant) for the VIP's at Lalapalooza this weekend.  He is working lots of long hours but it will all be worth it in the end!

I am so proud of him.  Not many Mom's can say their son cooked for the President.  and on his birthday to boot(the President's, that is)! 

That's all for now. 

xoxo
K

No comments: