I have been a huge blog slacker. Not really much to share lately. Just dealing with the after effects of Scott's car accident. Lots of paperwork to fill out and lots of pain for him. Hoping this will not effect him for the rest of his life. Kind of worried about that.
So in honor of Earth Day I thought I would share these eco friendly tips. The email fairy at work sent these to everyone today. I am happy to say I do several of them (they are in bold).
1. Lower your thermostat. Buy a programmable thermostat (this is on my Lowe's list).
2. Reuse your water bottle. Avoid buying bottled water. In fact, reuse everything at least once, especially plastics. (this is on my list to start)
3. Check out your bathroom. Use low-flow faucets, showerheads, and toilets. (i need to see if the faucets and showerheads are low-flow)
4. Start a compost in your back yard or on your rooftop. (also on the Lowe's list)
5. Buy locally made products and locally produced services.
6. Buy in season.
7. Buy compact fluorescent light bulbs.
8. Turn off lights and electronics when you leave the room. Unplug your cell phone charger from the wall when not using it. Turn off energy strips and surge protectors when not in use (especially overnight). (never thought to turn these off. will have to start)
9. Recycle your newspapers.
10. Car pool.
Excited about the Jenni Bowlin Vintage Fest which starts tomorrow. Excited to meet some online friends (Nik and Steph) in person (finally) and to hang out with the flea market queen herself (Jenni Bowlin) and soak up some of her tips. We will be going to the Nashville Flea Market in the morning. Should be a super fun day! And I get to see April and Lorie again.
That's all from this slacker for today.