Friday, February 05, 2010

a date with my daughter (friday five)

  1. i love going out with Lauren.  she is so fun and now that she is grown we can just hang out together.  no real mothering.  just enjoying each others company.  she says i am her bff!
  2. we are so much alike.  we like to go to concerts and see movies. oh, and shop, duh!
  3. her laugh is infectious.  she makes me laugh.  she has a terrific sense of humor.
  4. she is turning into a fantastic young woman.  her future is so bright.
  5. she listens to me.  she loves me and i love her.  she is my girl......

    Dear John was fantastic!  different than the book but very good nonetheless.  even if his rank was on upside down for several scenes.  that's the Army wife in me. dredged up some old feelings.   it was a real tear jerker.  lots of sniffling going on in the sold out theater.  maybe not the best time to see it especially since lauren's friend is getting ready to deploy.  he leaves in march.  she will miss him terribly and worry for his safety every day.  we will be keeping him in our prayers.

    have a great weekend.
    K

No comments: