Thursday, June 10, 2010

getting Real

this post is inspired by my sweet friend Stephanie Howell.  she posted today about how important it is for scrapbookers and women in general to be honest about their real lives.  she challenged her readers to post about their "Real" lives so here goes:
  1. most days i don't want to get out of bed to go to work.  although i kind of knew what i was getting into when i accepted my promotion i didn't REALLY know all the challenges i was going to face.  i used to like my job.  now, not so much.
  2. i have been really sad lately about my children growing up and leaving.  i know that is the way it goes but it still hurts my heart.
  3. i have gained 10 of the 45 pounds i lost and am disgusted with myself.  i am making a concerted effort to get it off and to lose the other 40 or so pounds i want to lose.  i did shed 1.8 pounds this week so that is something :)
  4. i have not felt very creative lately.  it may have something to do with #2.
  5. there are dishes in  my sink, vacuuming, dusting and laundry to be done and i don't feel like doing any of it.
  6. i cherish solitude.  i love my family but i really enjoy time alone.  keeps me sane.
ok. that is enough.........like Steph said, it does feel good to get it out.

i challenge you to do the same.  if you link me up to your post i will send a little scrappy something to a person chosen at random.

xoxo
K

No comments: