Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Try a new recipe Tuesday

I have really been trying to lose the rest of my weight. I have been only buying food that is good for us. I have been searching for new recipes too. Trying to keep things interesting. Found a few I want to try. Thought I would try to make this a regular post on Tuesdays. If you are like me and want some new recipes check back for updates. And....I'd love it if you have a great, healthy recipe to share!

This one came from my Weight Watchers in 20 minutes cookbook. It was good and I will make it again. Nice and garlicky (is that a word?)!

Gnocchi with Herb-Walnut Pesto


Serves 4

1 17 1/2 ounce package fresh gnocchi
1 c lightly packed flat leaf parsley leaves
1/2 c lightly packed fresh basil leaves
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 c walnuts
2 T water
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions, omitting the salt if desired; drain. Transfer to a serving bowl and keep warm. Meanwhile, to make the pesto, combine the remaining ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Spoon over the gnocchi and toss to coat.

one serving is 3/4 c. Points value is 6.

Maybe next week I will try to remember to take pics.

xoxo
K

No comments: