Friday, June 26, 2009

2 In One Day, 3 In One Week


I can't believe that 2 entertainment icons passed away in one day! I grew up listening to Michael Jackson songs.....dancing and singing to them. Remember lots of his songs being played at school dances. I was in awe of his talent. Unfortunately he was plagued with troubles in his adult life but no one will ever forget the contributions he made to the music industry.

Farrah Fawcett was a style icon. I will never forget the first time I saw this posted and thought how beautiful she was. I even styled my hair like her. What girl of the 80's didn't? And what boy didn't have this poster hanging in his room? And who can forget Charlie's Angels? Although she was a bit odd as an adult also, she will also never be forgotten.


And then there was Ed McMahon. The voice of the Johnny Carson show. I didn't really watch this show but I do remember the "Heeeeeeer's Johnny" line. I did, however watch Star Search faithfully. Lots of talent was discovered there. Sawyer Brown, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Rosie O'Donnell and Tiffany just to name a few that I saw on that show. Another huge contributer to the entertainment industry.


A week of loss. Reflecting on memories. May Ed, Farrah and Michael rest in peace.

K

No comments: