Friday, April 03, 2009

Travel

I finally made it to Chicago! Yay! My flight from Nashville was to have left at 6:50 last night but did not leave until 8:30! The weather was terrible....lots of rain and a tornado even touched down in the area. It wouldn't have been so bad but I got to the airport about 4:30. Rob told me I should get there early because you never know how long it will take to get through security. Lauren dropped me off and as it turned out it only took about 5 minutes to get through security. I haven't flown since we got back from Germany 7 years ago so I had no idea you had to take your shoes off! Would have worn slip ons had I known...one thing Rob failed to tell me. It was no problem though and I made it through....then the waiting game began. No one even knew we were delayed until about 15 minutes before the flight was scheduled to leave. Then they posted a one hour delay which then turned into a one and a half hour delay. I walked the airport I don't know how many times! At least I got my walk in for the day! Finally, my plane arrived and I boarded and it was the best flight ever! I have never flown Southwest and will from now on whenever I can! Now I know why others rave about it!

I made it into Midway about 10:30 and Rob and I made a quick stop at Walmart for some fruit and water....can't forget about my points this weekend! We are actually staying in Waukegan (that is where Rob's business is) and it's about 30 minutes outside the city. I think everyone else in Waukegan decided to make an almost midnight run to Walmart too! They only had 2 lanes open and everyone had huge amounts of groceries! We stood in line for about 20 minutes and then the lady in front of us had the nerve to question her total! The head cashier had to come over and help! Finally got out of there and got to the hotel and it is sooooo nice! We are staying at Spring Hill Suites which is a Marriott hotel. It is fairly new and the decor is awesome. Very modern. And the shower is divine! It is a double shower with jets that hit your back! Fabulous!






I am waiting for Rob to get back from work. Plans for tonight are to go to eat at a German restaurant Rob found here. He talked to the owner and she will make me something grilled so I don't go outside my point range. So sweet! I am trying to be very careful! Then maybe drive into the city to look around. Rob has to work a half day tomorrow and then we will go to Navy Pier and for some Chicago style deep dish pizza. Yum. There are fireworks at Navy Pier tomorrow so we will catch those. Sunday we will check out of the hotel and go to Shedd Aquarium and Michigan Ave. I also want to go up into the Sears tower. Not sure Rob wants to but I do. If time permits we may go to the Field Museum too. Rob will be comiing here for a week a month until June so I see another trip here in my future. I am not going to try to see everything this trip.

Ok, enough rambling....I am a little bored!

Happy day!

K

No comments: