saw this questionaire on michele's blog and thought i would play along.....seems fitting since my firstborn moved out almost 3 weeks ago and i have been thinking a lot about her as a baby and a child....so this is her story!
1. Were you married at the time? not when i found out i was pregnant....i was engaged though! (i know, fast fanny!)
2. What was your reaction when you found out you were pregnant? horror! rob was so excited but i was scared to death!!!!
3. How old were you? 19
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? rob had left to go active duty army and i felt "strange". just attributed it to that. then i skipped a few "aunt flows" (though this was normal for me) and took a pregnancy test just in case. it was one with test tubes that you had to put in a holder and if a ring formed at the bottom it was positive (no sticks for me.....she is almost 23!). the ring formed and i was shocked to say the least!
5. Whom did you tell first? my mom, i still lived at home
6. Did you want to find out the sex? nope, ultrasounds at that time were not great and Army hospitals would not tell you.
7. Due date? April 21, 1986
8. Did you deliver early or late? one week early
9. Did you have morning sickness? not at all....no pregnancy symptoms until almost 5 months (oh, guess i didn't mention i was almost 5 months pregnant when i found out!)
10. What did you crave? orange Hi-C from McDonald's, Friendly's watermelon sherbet with strawberries on top and hoagies from New Jersey (which i couldn't have, we lived in VA)
11. Who irritated you the most? no one....
12. What was your first child's sex? sweet baby....girl
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 35
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? high bp...had to lay on my left side for 4 hours in the am and again in the pm.
15. Where did you give birth? DeWitt Army Hospital, Ft. Belvoir, VA....same one where hubby was born. The post newspaper did a story on it. Cool!
16. How many hours were you in labor? 19 long back labor ridden hours!
17. Who drove you to the hospital? Rob
19. Was it natural or c-section? au naturale.....
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? no epidural....they just gave me some demerol...mainly to help me sleep
21. How much did your child weigh? 8 lbs 7 ozs
22. Did your child have any complications? none at all....
23. What did you name him/her? Lauren Renee
24. How old is your first born today? 22 (23 in april)
25. Whom does your child look like? she is the spitting image of me!
now that i have gotten this down i am definitely going to do a layout about it. i didn't scrapbook then unfortunately and have not gotten to the baby stories yet....this will help with that!