Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day!

Lets all take time today to remember those who served and give thanks for them. Of course, we all love to BBQ with friends, go to the lake or do whatever else you do on a holiday. Lets just stop to remember what this day is really about.

I would like to thank my husband for serving for almost 22 years. His self-less service to his country makes me so proud. He was gone a lot and you never knew if he was coming home that night but it was a great life and a great experience. I was reading Stephanie's blog this morning and her post is a great tribute to her husband who is currently serving in the Army.

I would also like to thank grandfather who served in WWI and all the other members of our family who have served.

So lets take time out from our activities today and have a moment of silence to remember those who have proudly served so that we may enjoy the freedom we have.

No comments: